1/2 (12 ounce) package wontons
1 head lettuce, shredded
2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
4 green onions, chopped
2 TB toasted sesame seeds
4 stalks celery, chopped
Polynesian salad dressing (see below)
DIRECTIONS:
Cut each wonton square into four strips. Fry according to package directions, set aside. In a bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, onions, sesame seeds, and celery. Just before serving, toss with desired amount of Polynesian salad dressing and top with fried wontons. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
SALAD DRESSING:
4 TB sugar
4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 TB vinegar
1 TB soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp sesame seed oil
Combine and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Mason and I love this salad. I think that it calls for a lot of wontons so Mason and I only made as many as we wanted and then we made some cream cheese wontons with the extras (instructions on the package) and then we still had some left over for later. I also added chopped red pepper to the salad. When pouring the salad dressing, add a little then let it sit for a few minutes to really test for the right amount. I poured a little, tossed it a bit, and it didn't seem to have enough, so I added more, but later when it sat for a few minutes it then had too much dressing.
Recipe from Celebrations by Julie Badges Jensen.
No comments:
Post a Comment