Saturday, July 17, 2010

Balsamic Chicken


Mason bought balsamic vinegar about a year ago. He is in love with the stuff. I personally do not like it. I'm not a big fan of vinegar, this one included. Anyways I told him that didn't know of too many recipes that included balsamic vinegar. The other night I needed something to cook and I came across the unopened balsamic vinegar in our pantry. I decided to finally use it and so I looked online for a recipe and found this.


Ingredients
      1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
   1/2 cup chicken broth
   2 tablespoons white sugar
   1 clove garlic, minced
   1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
   4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
   1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
1. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, sugar, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a bowl, place the chicken breasts in the marinade, and marinate for 10 minutes on each side.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Place the chicken in the heated pan and cook until they start to brown and are no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes per side. Pour the marinade into the skillet, and cook until it thickens slightly, turning the chicken breasts over once or twice, about 5 minutes.


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Balsamic-Chicken/Detail.aspx?prop31=3


Both Mason and I loved the chicken. It was very flavorful and it wasn't too vinegary for me. I did make some changes, I prepare two marinates, one for the chicken that I let marinate in a ziplock bag for 2 hours instead of 20 minutes, and then another for when I was cooking the chicken. I also added chopped red onions to the pan at the end.

The chicken paired amazing well with Pasta Roni's Garlic and Olive Oil Vermicelli.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin