Friday, January 8, 2010

Mango Lassi

I have just decided that this is the very first recipe that I'm going to try the day that Mason and I get a blender. I LOVE Mangos! This smoothie recipe seems easy and perfect. I thinking that I probably won't put in the optional items since I don't knwo what cardamom is and I personally don't like whipped cream or pistachios.


INGREDIENTS:



1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped mango (peeled and stone removed)
1-2 tablespoons sugar, to taste
Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
2 T. ground pistachios (optional)



DIRECTIONS:


Put yogurt, milk, mango, and sugar in a blender and mix well, about 90 seconds. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream, ground cardamom and pistachios (my kids don't like cardamom or pistachios so we just left them out & I know whipped cream isn't traditional, but who cares, it's good!). Makes about 2 cups.

Recipe is from Gourmet Mom on the Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin