Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Navajo Tacos

This recipe is really simple, which is probably why it's a favorite of mine.

Rhodes rolls
Chili
Shredded cheese
Lettuce
Salsa
Sour Cream



First, you make the Rhodes rolls into scones. Take Rhodes frozen rolls out of the freezer. Place 5 on a plate and cook for 25 seconds in the microwave. Turn rolls over and cook for another 25 seconds. You can thaw out the rolls the traditional way, but I am lazy and I usually don't decide to cook this meal in advance. If you want more than 5 scones (which I highly suggest, one roll equals one scone) then grab 5 more and repeat microwave directions. Then flatten out rolls one at a time, I just use my hands and rotate each roll in my hands making them flat but keeping it circular. Cook each roll in vegetable oil, turning them over when needed. Take the rolls out when they are light golden brown. I like to place paper towels between the scones, to soak up excess oil.

Cook a can or two of chili while also cooking the rolls. Then get ready cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. Once the scones are done, start loading them up. This time I added green onion, so feel free to add whatever you like on it.

Leftovers scones are not a problem. Just have dessert later that night or breakfast the next morning and put jam, butter, honey, or cinnamon honey butter on the scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin